ColaJazz Fest Weekend
The 2021 ColaJazz Fest weekend presents an all local lineup and a mega jazz star Saturday, May 1st and Sunday, May 2nd!
SATURDAY, MAY 1, 2021
A #supportlocal themed night of the 2021 ColaJazz Fest showcases some of Columbia’s best – four diverse bands will take to the stage at The Senate on Saturday, May 1st.
6:30p Partly Cloudy Brass Band
7:30p Amos Hoffman Quartet
8:30p Rodney Foster & Company
9:30p Brittany Turnipseed
“Our mission at ColaJazz is to support and grow our local jazz scene. Having endured over a year of performance opportunities being cancelled, our local artists deserve nothing less than to be celebrated, uplifted and financially supported. The Saturday concerts at The Senate will be an exciting display of our city’s diverse and awesome jazz talents.” – Mark Rapp, ColaJazz Foundation, Executive Director
Ticket holders from last year’s cancelled festival will have their tickets honored.
The Senate can house over 1.3K people! We are limiting the audience to 200 people.
-VIP Seats available
-Plenty of chairs available
-Beer, wine, liquor available
-Large, open space
SUNDAY, MAY 2, 2021 @ 7:30 P.M.
The ColaJazz Foundation, Koger Center for the Arts and UofSC School of Music present…
THE JAZZ AT LINCOLN CENTER ORCHESTRA SEPTET with WYNTON MARSALIS
Led by internationally acclaimed trumpeter Wynton Marsalis, the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra Septet is comprised of seven of the world’s finest soloists, ensemble players, and arrangers in jazz music today. The distinguished Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra is lauded worldwide as the globe’s preeminent jazz ensemble. The evening will present newly composed works and arrangements by Marsalis and featured JLCO members with a focused theme of freedom and democracy.
Saturday’s tickets are $25 and go on sale at 9:00am Friday, April 2 at The Senate box office, by phone at (803) 252-9392 or online at: www.thesenatecolumbia.com.
Sunday ticket prices range from $38 – $88 and go on sale at 9:00 a.m., Friday, April 2 Koger Center box offices, by phone at (803) 251-2222 or online at: www.KogerCenterForTheArts.com.
“The ColaJazz Foundation has loved working with the Koger Center and UofSC the past couple of years to consistently present world-class jazz. Bringing to Columbia the world’s greatest and most highly acclaimed jazz artist, Wynton Marsalis, is testament to our successful partnership and the support of our community of jazz fans. Supporting local artists to enriching our city with world-famous jazz artists this May 1st and 2nd festival weekend, exemplifies our collective belief in and the love of our city and our people.” – Mark Rapp, Executive Director, ColaJazz Foundation
Nothing is more important to us than your safety. We have followed the guidance of national public health and venue experts to modify and enhance our operating procedures. With your health in mind we have implemented the following steps:
- All shows at the Koger Center for the Arts now feature socially-distance seating.
- All tickets for this performance are sold as pairs or singles.
- Face covering must be worn at all times.
- We have upgraded air filters through-out the Koger Center.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the lobby.
- We have increased cleaning and disinfecting, particularly on high touch services.
- Performers will be a minimum of 12 feet from the audience.
- Guests will maintain a six-foot distance while in lobby lines.
- In an effort to encourage patrons who are feeling ill or have been exposed to someone who is ill to stay home, The Koger Center is making all tickets fully refundable, right up until show time. We want to allow patrons to be responsible about their health and the health of others, without worrying about their tickets.
SUBMIT YOUR JAZZ EVENT!
Submit your event to expand your reach and share it with jazz fans throughout South Carolina and beyond. All submitted events must be related to jazz and appealing to jazz fans.