The Ron Brendle Quartet at Middle C Jazz
One event on January 10, 2020 at 7:15 pm
One event on January 10, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Best Bass Player Charlotte Magazine Jazz Artist of the Year Creative Loafing Grants for Jazz Composition NC Arts Council
About this Event
Doors will open 30 minutes early for Baby Grand Members. Learn more about Middle C Jazz club memberships – www.middlecjazz.com/tickets-memberships/#memberships
WEBSITE – http://www.ronbrendle.com/
Ron’s bio in his own words:
“When I first sat at my Great Grandmother’s pump organ at around 5 years of age and played those first notes, I realized there was a magic that happened when I heard those airy sounds. I believe that moment set me on a lifelong quest of music. Being a musician and learning about music is a journey that thankfully never ends. I have had many magic moments:
When I first heard a recording of Charlie Haden, I knew he was my ideal. His rich organic tone hit in the center of my heart and I wanted to emulate his sound and feeling. Years later, I had the incredible opportunity to study with Haden in a Master Class at the Atlantic Center for the Arts. Then there was the time I met and spent time with bass pioneer Jaco Pastorious, who hugely influenced my playing of the electric bass. Over the years, I have shared the stage or recorded with artists as varied as Mose Allison, Charlie Byrd, Dizzy Gillepsie, Hank Crawford, Ray Charles, Sheila Jordan, George Hamilton V, Bucky Pizzarelli, Frank Kimbrough, Maria Howell and Dom Flemmons. These experiences always take me back to that old pump organ where my search for magic and beauty in music began and continues.”
MIDDLE C JAZZ | Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard.
3. Enter on South Brevard Street.
4. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed.
5. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
6. Seating is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for early seating.
7. Doors open one hour prior to the performance for General Admission ticket-holders. Doors open one hour and 30 minutes prior to the performance for Baby Grand Members. Doors open 30 minutes prior to second shows.
8. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smart phones are permitted.
• Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
• All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
• A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
• At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.
SUBMIT YOUR JAZZ EVENT!
Submit your event to expand your reach and share it with jazz fans throughout South Carolina and beyond. All submitted events must be related to jazz and appealing to jazz fans.